Gears Of War PC Error “modified execute code”
There are nearly always bugs in games, even if some are smaller than others, I am about to tell you how to fix one of the error messages that you could receive when starting Gears Of War for the pc. And how to fix it easily.
If you receive the error message:
“PhysXCore.dll You cannot run the game with modified execute code.”
Or any other error message with “You cannot run the game with modified execute code“.
Fixing the Error
- Put in your Gears of War DVD or CD
- Go to -> My Computer -> your DVD Drive:\ (labeled gears of war) -> browse to the following folder
- “Drive:\program files\Microsoft Games\Gears of War\Binaries”
- (If you don’t have the disk you can download the files at the bottom of this post)
- Right click copy “PhysXCore.dll“
- Then browse to your Gears of War installation path
- “Installation Drive:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Gears of War\Binaries”
- Then paste the file in that folder.(PhysXCore.dll)
- Replace the file then close.
Now you should be able to open and run Gears of War as normal.
There are other variants of this message such as openal32.dll, in which the same process can be used to fix the error. You just need to use the file openal32.dll instead of PhysXCore.dll when following the instructions above.
Required Files to fix:
Download openal32.dll and physxcore.dll here.
4 Replies to “Gears Of War PC Error “modified execute code””
hey, my message said “c:/program files/microsoft games/gears of war/binaries/wargames-g4wlive.exe” and the modified executed code and please reinstall program. do i still copy the physxcore or is there another file that i need focus on instead?
Hello, after changing the date on my PC for a day before january 28 2009 and also doing the copy paste procedure you suggest, I still having the same error message:
c:/program files/microsoft games/gears of war/binaries/wargames-g4wlive.exe” …modified executable code….
Any help will be appreciated.
to my all friends try this game on windows 7 64 bit there is no problem……..100% work